Here are the Thoughts by The Great Chanakya that I found very useful for our life::
1) "Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't live long enough to make
them all yourselves!!"
2) "A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and
Honest people are screwed first."
"Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to
"There is some self-interest behind every friendship.
There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth."
5) "Before you start some work, always ask
yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and
Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers
to these questions, go ahead."
6) "As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it."
7) "The world's biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman."
8) "Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon
it. People who work sincerely are the happiest."
9) "The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction."
10) "God is not present in idols. Your feelings
are your god. The soul is your temple."
11) "A man is great by deeds, not by birth."
12) "Never make friends with people who are
above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any
13) "Treat your kid like a darling for the first
five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are
your best friends."
14) "Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person."
15) "Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth."